Pleasant weekend, rough spots down the road...
Posted August 8th, 2014 by Bill Kardas. 10 comments
Many folks ended up dodging more rain than they (and we) expected yesterday. Cyclonic flow and mesoscale convergence were just enough to bring several rounds of rain and downpours (despite the lack of humidity). This system that brought yesterday's weather is advancing to the east today and behind it we find high pressure and sunshine in our future. This weather arrives just in time for the weekend!
Today's weather is expected to be pleasant with partly sunny skies and highs in the 70s. The threat of any widespread showers today looks to be in the Eastern Adirondacks and New England. Skies clear out tonight with overnight lows dropping into the 40s and 50s. Yet another cool night for August!
Plenty of sunshine is expected Saturday and Sunday with highs in the low to mid 80s. High pressure and ridging crest overhead, allowing for temperatures to warm aloft.
Monday and Tuesday look warm too, with highs in the 80s. Things begin to change for the middle and end of next week. Our computer models are drawing an area of low pressure into Central New York, bringing widespread rain and thunderstorms Tuesday night into Wednesday. A large pocket of cooler weather drops in behind this system for Wednesday and Thursday. The outlook is for cool, wet weather to last into the end of the week.
Recent Comments on this Entry
- qq123456 (newyork) October 21st, 9:43 PM
- lovexmq802324 (shanghai) October 11th, 1:36 AM
- qq123456 (newyork) October 8th, 9:22 PM
- qq123456 (newyork) September 25th, 5:08 AM
- coachoutlet123 (fefef) August 25th, 9:45 PM
- sue (fairfield) August 12th, 7:38 AM
- Denys (East Winfield) August 12th, 5:17 AM
- Tom (Richfield Springs) August 12th, 5:08 AM
- Tom (Richfield Springs) August 11th, 5:11 AM
- Denys (East Winfield) August 9th, 7:30 AM
- Wet pattern on the way... 6 days ago
- Another Warm Up October 13th, 2014
- October rolls on... October 9th, 2014
- Welcome Back to Fall October 4th, 2014
- Un-October-like (for now)... October 2nd, 2014
- The rundown on fall foliage... September 24th, 2014
- The Autumnal Equinox September 21st, 2014
- Widespread frost tonight... September 18th, 2014