January thaw continues....
Posted January 12th, 2013 by Bill Kardas. 43 comments
The sun broke free of the clouds and really helped bump up temperatures this afternoon for most areas. Here's a look at the high temperatures across the area this afternoon:
The majority of the area turned out quite mild today, with the exception of the Mohawk Valley east of Herkimer. Cold air drainage off the Adirondacks. It will happen in these areas again tomorrow. For the rest of us though, we won't have any issues staying mild. Temperatures stay above freezing tonight with clouds and fog developing. A mild but cloudy start to the day on Sunday as an area of low pressure slides to our west. Light rain showers are likely, especially north and west of Utica Sunday afternoon. Highs will climb into the 50s for most areas.
Cooler air is on tap starting Monday. A cold front swinging through will knock down temperatures throughout the afternoon. SKies will gradually clear out late Monday and Monday night. Partly sunny skies to return by Tuesday as high pressure takes over.
The end of the week looks seasonably chilly. Another cold front will give us an opportunity for lake effect snow showers, but it looks like the core of the arctic air with that front will stay north of CNY.
Recent Comments on this Entry
- ccefsd (beijing) January 23rd, 3:10 AM
- mitchelllara (london) January 21st, 2:13 AM
- Gordon (Northwestern) January 14th, 4:44 PM
- Bill Kardas (WKTV) January 14th, 12:26 PM
- Bill Kardas (WKTV) January 14th, 12:05 PM
- Lori (Bridgeport) January 14th, 11:21 AM
- Rob (Whitesboro) January 14th, 11:05 AM
- Nick (West Winfield,NY) January 14th, 10:51 AM
- Bill Kardas (WKTV) January 14th, 6:46 AM
- Nick (West Winfield,NY) January 14th, 6:39 AM
- How Doppler Radar is used to track tornadoes 3 days ago
- Late season widespread frost... 5 days ago
- Snow on Mother’s Day 6 days ago
- More Rain and a Weekend Cool Down May 9th, 2013
- Snoozecast May 5th, 2013
- Severe Weather Awareness Week April 30th, 2013
- Beautiful weekend ahead - & a helpful reminder... April 26th, 2013
- Mild weather & another round of storms... April 24th, 2013