How cold did it get?
Posted September 11th, 2012 by Bill Kardas. 35 comments
It was a chilly night indeed last night...cold enough for some frost in localized areas. Here's a look at the overnight lows across the area:
In order to get a freeze, temperatures need to drop to or below 32°. We were several degrees safe from that this morning at Griffis. The record low temperature for today's date is 35° set back in 1932.
Here are some stats about the end of the growing season in the Mohawk Valley: The earliest freeze to occur in the Mohawk Valley was September 20th, 1929. The average date of our first freeze is October 8th. The latest freeze of the season was November 7th, 1971.
Weather looks quiet going forward, with a massive area of high pressure firmly entrenched in the region. Temperatures will warm back into the 80s later in the week.
Recent Comments on this Entry
- sunny (putian) July 15th, 8:10 AM
- qingcun (GRFYTU) October 10th, 2:47 AM
- aaaaa (gtryt) August 13th, 11:20 PM
- coach outlet online (putian) March 8th, 1:16 AM
- ingg (SDFF) February 25th, 2:23 AM
- qwqwqw (Tujunga) January 5th, 2:48 AM
- coachgg (dsfdsfd) December 26th, 1:59 AM
- 123123 (Fuzhou) November 28th, 2:21 AM
- t8ankyun (fuzhou) November 26th, 3:33 AM
- Bill Kardas (WKTV) September 14th, 10:56 AM
- Mid December Break 3 days ago
- Slow low departure and freezing drizzle... 5 days ago
- Snor'easter so far...but snow will continue today December 10th, 2014
- It's In No Hurry To Leave December 8th, 2014
- Big storm on the way for the middle of the week December 7th, 2014
- Light wintry mix on the way again... December 5th, 2014
- A wintry mix on the way... December 2nd, 2014
- End to a Snowy November November 30th, 2014